A few weeks ago when I was feeling very 'done' with winter I decided to stop by a new little shop in town that sells colorful-fun-snazzy fabric. The walls of the shop are painted with lots of color and everything in the shop is playful and colorful and FUN! Just the kind of place I wanted to go. And I wanted to buy some of the jazzy-snazzy fabric. Not that I NEED any fabric...
fabric cupboard today in all it's semi-organized glory
No, I do not need any more fabric. But I did need some fabric with COLOR! With ENERGY! With JE NE SAIS QUOI!
So I was in the shop looking around and I decided to make a little purse for Abbie with one of the cute patterns. I was talking with Catherina, the owner, and she said, "Hey, if I give you the fabric and pattern will you make one for the store for me to display?" Easy answer.
And that is how this...
Now Abbie can finish sewing her bag. I'm helping with the trickier parts, but she is enjoying learning how to sew something on her own.
Color+Fabric+Creating=A good antidote for winter.




2 comments:
Holy Smokes! That is really cute!! I am sooooo not crafty...and don't sew....and dislike cooking...and cleaning...well, gosh....I suppose I am not much of a domestic queen. All the more why I am super impressed by this! I mean, IT'S magic to me!
Jazzee Snazzee!
Post a Comment