
FOR TODAY, Monday, February 16...
Outside My Window...I can't tell if those are dark storm clouds or just regular clouds and it is still too dark. The days are getting longer and warmer, and when it does snow the new snow is melted by the afternoon.
I am thinking...there is much I would like to accomplish today and I should get going, but there is no school today and I haven't had a morning to lolly-gag in bed for a L-O-N-G time and I want to do that this morning!
From the Learning Room...because it is President's Day there is no official school, but learning will still happen. The kids checked out a stack of books from the library last week, and I am taking an on-line "class" that I need to work on.
I am thankful for...dependable garbage pick up. Why do I say this? Because even when it is a holiday, that truck still rumbles up the street to collect the garbage. It comes earlier on holidays, and now we need to scramble to get the cans out to the road (because we forgot to last night). Luckily he goes UP the street and I hear him and then have time to get our cans out if we need to before he comes back down.
From the kitchen...we need to finish frosting our Valentine's Day cookies (if there are any left-they are good plain, too.) And if the cookies are gone then we need to make more because I have a bowl of pink buttercream frosting that needs to go on something.
I am wearing...my jammies because I am lolly-gagging!
I am creating...a costume for Abbie who is in a community play.
I am going...to a doc's appointment tomorrow for my annual (except I'm almost a year late!) physical. *sigh*
I am reading...my scriptures and Team of Rivals.
I am hoping...everything checks out fine at my physical tomorrow!
I am hearing...not a whole lot. Once in awhile a car goes past. You know what I am really excited to hear? The birds singing in our trees in the morning. One of my favorite moments, which I really look forward to, is the first night of sleeping with the windows open after the winter and waking up to the cool morning air and the birds going crazy with bird-singing. It is worth going through the cold winter for that morning.
Around the house...a friend was over Saturday afternoon picking up her daughter who had come to play with Abbie, and she told me that my house is so warm and inviting. I liked that. Our house is old and needs a lot of work done on it (and in our parallel lives we are working on the to-do list...), but I'm glad that in it's rickety state it can still seem warm and inviting. Maybe that's why it does seem warm and inviting, because it is so not perfect and that is comfortable to be in. You know the house in the movie Dan In Real Life? That is the kind of house and feeling of a house that I want.
One of my favorite things...making my bed in the morning because then it will be soooooo comfortable to get into that night. And I love our bed. It was some of the best money we ever spent.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Doug and I are going to The City for a few days of meetings and Nick is going to come here to be with the kids and manage things. Then the plan is for ALL of us to meet on Saturday and go x-country skiing for Doug's birthday celebration. That will be fun!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Here he is, my faithful garbage man friend. Except I don't think that's the term they use anymore. Remember the days of metal garbage cans? And remember when the garbage man would come around to the back of your house and collect the cans, empty them into the truck, and then return the cans to the back of your house? That sure doesn't happen anymore. Now they don't even have to get out of the truck. In fact, it is only one man driving the truck and pushing the buttons. It is so impersonal now. I do try to wave at our garbage man if I'm outside. I like to try to keep things personal with the person who collects our garbage, for goodness sake.
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com




No comments:
Post a Comment