Friday, March 13, 2009

Digital Artistry

So. I'm looking through photos on the computer. Lots of old pictures. Some are pretty fun to see and others, well, they should be deleted.

I came upon this gem. You tell me which category this should fall in...


This is Handsome Son #2: Sam.

I know what he is doing and it cracks me up. This has become a favorite way for my sons to pass the time and it is a by-product of this digital age and kids who are easily entertained.

Here's how this is done, in case you are somewhat baffled by this (or want to achieve the same effect, which I'm not going to judge you for):

You need a small, digital camera that you can hold in your hand.

You need to shake your head rather violently from side to side so that your mouth starts flapping.

When you feel like you have a pretty good flap going, you aim the camera at your face and snap the picture, hoping you are in the frame.

You preview your picture (this is where the digital camera part is necessary) and if it isn't good enough, you repeat the process. As many times as you need. So you can get the look you're after.

If you do it too many times you might get a headache.

This is really funny to watch happening. Especially if the person doing it doesn't know he/she is being watched.

The more I stare at this picture the happier I get. It is So Funny.



P.S.
Handsome Son #1 told me he does this. He admitted it!! He even found this picture on his camera for me to use. He even helped me load it from his camera to my post. Would YOU have done that? Does it seem like he WANTS to have this picture viewed? Isn't that funny?

This is so bizarre!


2 comments:

Jen said...

I am thinking this is a "guy thing"!

The joy of boys.

-Jen

Gone Gal said...

As a former prosecutor of child abuse, it's actually not funny. He's causing acceleration/deceleration injuries, which is the same effect as "shaken baby syndrome." This causes retinal separations, brain tissue separation and can be fatal. Nonfatal consequences of SBS include varying degrees of visual impairment (including blindness), motor impairment (e.g. cerebral palsy) and cognitive impairments. I hope he's grown out of this phase and that he hasn't harmed himself.