Monday, April 6, 2009

FascinEGGtion



A curious thing happened this weekend.

I planned for the dying-of-the-eggs to take place because we won't be at Gramma's next weekend for Easter. I also planned an early-Easter dinner for Sunday (which was Palm Sunday) with Gramma and the boys, since we won't be together on Easter.

So I bought eggs to dye. Two dozen. But I needed 8 for the rolls (which I would make for Palm Sunday dinner). That left 16 for dying. That would be enough, I thought. Based on last year--it would pretty much be only Abbie who would be interested, I thought.

And she got right to work dying eggs during the first session of conference on Saturday.

And because the colors were so pretty and hard-to-resist, Jake joined in the process.

And then Gramma was drawn in to the colorful fun.

And they convinced me to boil the other 8 eggs (for the rolls) and buy more eggs (for the rolls).

So I did.

And Saturday afternoon, after conference was over, I went to Costco (of course) and bought what was on the list plus 24 MORE EGGS!

And I boiled all of those, except for 8, which I needed for the rolls.

And we left the cups of dye out over night and Sunday everyone finished dying the 16 new eggs.

We've never dyed this many eggs before.

And yesterday we ate eggs.

And we'll be eating eggs for the next few days.

And they sure are pretty. 
And we sure had fun.



1 comment:

Becca said...

Ack. I am glad you reminded me of this! This one tradition always slips my mind!