Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's a Bunny Thing


Gotta love Spring time
and all things Bunny.

(my "holiday shelf" for Easter/Spring)

Last week we did the Candy-Easter-Thing
while we were at Gramma's
and with the boys.

I really like that we did it all
the week before Easter.
I think it will give Easter Sunday
more meaning.

One of our Easter traditions,
which I'm sure many people have,
is the Bunny Cake.

(The 2009 cake)

I have been making this cake
for many, many years.

(1994-Ft. Irwin, CA)

And I've taken a picture
pretty much every year.

I won't bore you with pictures of
All Those Cakes.

(the 2000 Bunny)

Our tradition has been to have a party
on the Saturday before Easter

(the 2003 Bunny)

And we'd play games
and have an egg hunt
and have Bunny Cake

(the 2006 Bunny)

Last year
I was going to simplify my life
and not make the cake.

But my grown son asked me
if I was going to make
the Bunny Cake.
So I did.

This is the first,
the original,
the One-That-Started-This-Long-Tradition
Bunny Cake
from 1988.
Nico was 2 1/2 years old and
Samo was almost 1 year old.

Twenty-one years of Bunny Cakes.
That ought to count for something...



2 comments:

Becca said...

Hey! That is a great tradition and very cute! That one will live on in your children's hearts I am sure!

Dorothy said...

It is almost painful to look at the 2009 Bunny. I guess I have had too many bad sunburns in my life and this Bunny looks like a bad case of a Sunburned Bunny. Sorry I suggested Pink! Go back to White from now on!!!