Monday, April 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book




FOR TODAY, Monday, April 13...

Outside My Window...Blue, blue sky. I can hear birds (because the window is open). During the night I heard coyotes howling! I haven't heard coyotes since the Ft. Irwin days.
 
I am thinking...Moab has been a lot of fun. I'm glad we came.

From the Learning Room...More geology lessons! The great outdoors is our learning room again today.

I am thankful for...Doug's practice and his hard work and my good money management and God's blessings that allows us to go on fun family adventures.

From the kitchen...Hummm...which restaurant should we eat at today?! So many choices here, unlike where we live...

I am wearing...Still in bed! I am having some sore rock climbing muscles. And there are more rocks to climb today, so I do need to get going.

I am creating...At home I'm working on a Photo Album Scrapbook for my on-line class. It is about the different hair styles in our family through the years. Pretty funny pictures.

I am going...We are going to finish exploring Arches National Park today before we have to head home.

I am reading...Real estate booklets and "what to do in Moab" booklets.

I am hoping...I'll be able to go back to real life tomorrow.

I am hearing...Doug down in the kitchen rustling about making something with eggs for breakfast. What a guy.

Around the house...We are staying in a nice condo on the golf course. It has been a great place to come back to at the end of each day.

One of my favorite things...Going on vacation!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I don't much feel like thinking about the rest of the week right now, thank you very much!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is the "Delicate Arch", the unofficial symbol of Utah. There is a little blue speck sitting at the bottom right of the arch, and that's Miss Abbie. We hiked to this arch on Saturday with some friends who live near here. It Was Amazing. Stunning. Magnificent. One of those places that you have to see to fully appreciate.

This is cool.


1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

That looks like such an interesting place to visit. I was in Utah in February, en route to watch my daughter compete in the world winter games in Idaho. It was my first visit to Utah and I only really got to sight see around the SLC area and on the way up to Idaho, but I loved every minute of it. You are so blessed to live in an area where the church is so strong!