Because it is so interesting...
Because you really want to know...
Because I needed one more thing to do yesterday...
Here is a photo journey of my day
minus all the excruciating details:
Because you really want to know...
Because I needed one more thing to do yesterday...
Here is a photo journey of my day
minus all the excruciating details:
while we're in Marseille and this guy, Marquis de Sade, was supposed to be a prisoner there.
But not to fear.
Thanks to the miracle of the internet and Wikipedia
look what I just read:
Contrary to common belief, The Man In the Iron Mask and Marquis de Sade were not prisoners at the Chateau.
Which means, I scurried to buy that book today and I didn't need to,
I'm not going to learn Chateau d'if history reading this book.
I have read The Count of Monte Cristo and that book was set in the Chateau.
But it is fiction.
O well.
I went to pick Sam up and take him to the college so he could meet with an advisor.
He broke his foot last week.
He has a big day today (surgery).
More on that later.
While Sam was at his meeting
Fred called and said he was working close by
and would we like to come and see him
and would we get some lemonades for he and his buddy
and there is a 7-11 real close by.
So Abbie and I did just that.
One of them may be my son.
We had a short, but sweet, visit.
I never once got out of the car.
I did give him his Super Big Gulp of limeade
for which he was grateful.
Then off to pick up Sam, who was finished.
Then over to see Nick who drove out this morning with Erica
I brought some of his stuff when I came yesterday
so we unloaded that and then
HUNGER set in.
and the great invention of
The Food Court.
Everyone is happy.
While they did that I went to Sports Authority
and bought Jake new shin guards for soccer.
A few more stops in the mall, then we took Sam home.
He was tired (loopy pain meds).
Then I took Nick home.
He was tired (no sleep last night).
And Abbie and I went back to Gramma's.
We had dinner and then I ran back to the mall
(because I'm going to try not to wear my white Nikes in France...)
and then I went over to Kohl's
but I ran out of time.
I'll try to go back another day.
I did get this new purse
but it isn't really a purse.
It is called an organizer because it is big
and has parts and pieces.
I like that it keeps it's shape
and will have room for my camera(s) and other travel stuff.
I may or may not keep it.
I'm going to think about it.
It was a killer deal though at Kohl's with their sale.
And I do love purses and bags and deals.
Killer deals.
So I checked off 13 to-do's on my list.
Pretty durn good.
Now I'm off to pick up Samo.
We have a surgery to attend.
It will involve pins and screws
so send Sam happy thoughts!




2 comments:
I need a good night's sleep after reading all that. I hope everything goes well with Sam's surger.
Nothing wrong with reading some classic fiction. Enjoy the book and check out some non-fiction about de-Sade. He was a very interesting person who wrote about grotesque acts of fictional violence while horrified and disgusted by the grotesque acts of real violence he saw in the streets of Paris during the revolution. Fascinating individual.
Post a Comment