A week ago, as I was leaving my town to go to Sam's town to take care of him before-during-after his surgery, I told Abbie to bring a dress and I put our tickets into my wallet, just in case.
The case came to be. We were still at Gramma's on Sunday and so we three went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication together. It was a wonderful thing for me to be sitting with my mother on my right and my daughter on my left as we watched and listened to the dedicatory service.
Before the service began we were able to see photos of the new temple, inside and out. One of the photos was in a sealing room with the mirrors that face each other across the room. When we get sealed (married for eternity, not "til death do you part") in the temple, for all time and all eternity, we are given the opportunity-as new husband and wife- to look into those mirrors that reflect on and on, seemingly into eternity. This picture was of the mirrors going on and on and on as if down a tunnel. My Mom leaned over to me and said, "If you look closely you'll see Stan [my Dad] at the end waiting for us."
That is what this is all about. Families. And loving one another. And becoming better people day by day. And helping each other through the rough spots. And a Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can know and who wants, more than anything, for all of us to come back to Him. WE are His family.
Families can be together forever. I like that.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Amen to that, Shaun! How wonderful you were able to be there with Abbie and your Mom. Don't you wish every one knew and understood this eternal principle of life and families? I sure do. It would alleviate so much suffering and engender so much joy. I love what your mom said too. So sweet.
sheesh... I cried just a little.
okay, more than a little. Funny how the spirit can touch us even when we're just blogging.
As always, Thanks for this.
Post a Comment