Friday, August 21, 2009

The Taller They Are The Harder They Fall

This is never something anyone would get excited about using.
And to know you'll be using them to get around for the next 6-8 weeks? ugh.

Sam and I spent the day at the hospital yesterday.
His part of the day wasn't as fun as my part.
Well. My part wasn't all fun and games, ya know.
I had to sit for HOURS and wait around.
Good thing I had my Ipod and my water and my granola bar and my book.
Well. Anyway.

Poor Sam had to go through quite the procedure.
I know he was kind of nervous even though he seemed all cool
and down with it (as he would say).

And he came through just fine.
He even came through with a Kelly Green cast
and four screws!


Ai-yi-yi-yi-YI!!

I am grateful for the age of medicine we live in.
And for the people who put in the time
to learn how to take care of these kinds of things.

And now I'm doing my part for my Samo
and trying to fill him up with all sorts of good things
to help his body heal.
All 6' 6" of him.


4 comments:

Becca said...

wow! My brother recently got in a car accident and had the same kind of procedure! It was awful! Glad he had you there by his side! Hope he recovers soon!

btw - I read your blog daily, I have just been so busy that I have just been reading and not posting...yes, I feel guilty! lol

Gone Gal said...

A pretty drastic way to avoid the draft.

Bonnie said...

Poor Sam! I agree that it is wonderful what modern medicine can do. Has he seen those little scooter things that you can put your leg on and not have to use crutches? They are pretty cool and one lady told me it really saves your arms. She rented hers someplace. It is always sad to be in a cast when it is hot. Poor Sam! I didn't know he was 6'6"...our son in law, Lowell, is 6'8"..he has to duck through door ways! That is some kinda tall.

Carla said...

I can't relate totally but I do have some great sympathy for Sam. I got so sick of the crutches. Bonnie has the right idea...the scooter thing. You know, the ones the police use at gateway. They look awesome. I would use one if I could. Prayers for Sam for a full recovery