So, Shaun, whatcha been doing? Are both trees up? Are the garlands draped? Wreaths up? Candles in the windows? Stockings hung? Nativities out? Music playing? Floors swept? Bathrooms cleaned? Laundry done? December menu written up and groceries bought? Cards addressed? Bills paid?
Well, yes and no.
So what's the hold up? It's already December 3rd, you've had 3 days to git it dun.
Well, yes, I realize that. But you see, my sis-in-law gave me a book on the Sunday before Thanksgiving because she thought I'd enjoy reading it. And she was right. I had a real hard time NOT reading it while we were at Gramma's-even though I did- and so when we got home I did a lot of the things on my list, and, well, it isn't all finished. But, well... but the book is! And I enjoyed it. It was kind of crazy to think that I was living in Massachusetts and New Jersey during the years that this book was portrayed, and I remember a lot of how life was during that time. SO crazy that life in America was the way it was such a short time ago, that I lived through the Civil Rights Movement. So, yes, I did enjoy reading this book.
AND! That is not all. I did actually get my Thankful book put together and I'm liking this.
This little book will be a really nice record of the next few Thanksgivings and where each of us "are" in life.
I like having little glimpses into our lives. I like how a simple photo and a few lines will help us all remember where we've been.
But it is always good to read a decent book, even if the laundry doesn't get quite all done, along with a few other things...




2 comments:
So true, Shaun! I have realized that I put so many expectations on myself...no one else cares really when I get things done. But I just have my own little mental cattle prod pushing me forward. I love it when I just say no to myself sometimes and do something more fun.
Your book is great, love the red and orange and I really want to make some of those memory books again one day.
I will look for the book you read it sounds good. I just saw the movie Ruby Bridges about desegregation in New Orleans, it was great. It is hard to imagine that we actually lived during that era. Weird.
You most certainly are stronger than you think.
You are a wonderful mother, daughter, sister, friend, and example.
I love you Shauna!
Post a Comment