Saturday
December 27, 2008
San Diego, California
Suggestion #1:
While staying at the beach
start each day,
as much as possible,
with a walk along the waves...
...and pose daintily on the rocks.
Then get busy using the San Diego Go Card
using-doing-seeing
all the
museums-sights-attractions.
Stop #1?
Why, the Museum of Making Music, of course.
After going through the museum
and learning all sorts of things
there was a room in which to
play around with instrument
quietly.
Jake on the silent cello
Sam silently spinning and scratching
(That's what you're supposed to do; notice John Denver in the background.
Yes, John, it has come to this.)
Nick and Fred on the not-so-silent guitars
It was fun. It was educational.
***************
I have a few regrets as a mother.
Some weigh more heavily on my heart than others.
One of the heavy regrets I have carried
all these many years
was finally made right yesterday.
Unfortunately I am about
14 (+/-) years late.
But the important thing is that I have made it right.
We finally took our sons...
...to Legoland.
We needed more time, but the essence of the experience was good.
Even Abbie got into it here
...and there.
But she would NOT get into it here...
...but all the boys did.
And were willing to wait in quite a line
for the experience,
short, fast, but thrilling,
I'm sure.
So we're walking along, it is starting to get dark
and cold,
and we come to a most curious ride
which immediately captured everyone's
Lego imagination.
It had something to do with a dragon
and being captured in one of it's claw-like grips
and being swung all over the place.
And it was hilarious to watch!
They all went back for seconds.
Unfortunately, we didn't go to
Mini Land, USA
until it was dark and it was a little hard to see it all.
But it was pretty impressive nonetheless.
Sam back in DC
Abbie embracing Shakespeare
(I'll have to remind her of this if she complains about reading our next play.)
Abbie in front of the Capitol Building.
Pretty amazing that it is all Lego-built.
I may have been late getting the older three boys to LegoLand
but Jake is on the LegoLedge
and still enjoys Bionicle.
So we ended the night in Bionicle-imagination-land
everyone using their imagination
putting together pieces to create a
something-or-another.
So. Okay. Whew.
Now I can check that mothering-thing
off my list.




No comments:
Post a Comment