Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Day Book



FOR TODAY, Monday, December 15, 2008...

Outside My Window... dark and cold. Maybe more snow today. There are supposed to be storms all week. An appropriate way to welcome winter.

I am thinking...this is going to be an exceptionally BUSY day for me today. Some added things to an already standard busy Monday.

From the Learning Room...we're having our Mom School today (one of the added things) because of sickness on our scheduled day, so we'll have some medieval history from Story of the World and some Shakespeare (Twelfth Night), but that's all this time because it is December and we're all very busy. Keepin' it simple.

I am thankful for...a really wonderful Sabbath Day yesterday.

From the kitchen...making lots of treats! Gotta love it!

I am wearing...Khaki pant, black turtle neck, black sweater.

I am creating...Christmas neighbor gifts, Christmas card letter, lots of Christmas cheer!

I am going...to get a salad made for a funeral today, get our food ready for Mom School, get us out the door on time (I hope).

I am reading...Our Christmas book-of-the-night is all I have time for right now.

I am hoping...to learn how to live more in a place of faith, not fear.

I am hearing...oh, you know, Christmas music!

Around the house...lovely! lovely! Signs of a busy house well-lived.

One of my favorite things...a good night's sleep (a long winter's nap).

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I REALLY need to get the Christmas cards in the mail this week. Band concert tomorrow. Church party Wednesday. Piano recital Thursday. Office party Friday afternoon and community "Messiah" that night. Older boys come home Saturday,woo-hoo!

Here is picture thought I am sharing:

Last night's Christmas movie, "White Christmas", in the family room with a fire and some popcorn.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a goodlooking family you have here, I enjoyed your post !