Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sugar Fest



It took awhile
but Jake finally had a day
with a big enough chunk of time
to make his
Gingerbread House.

I think he did a pretty good job...

for a teen-age boy!
And really,
he did enjoy doing it.
He just looked up when he heard my camera click
and that's the look he had:
"You're interrupting my concentration."

***************

Abbie took her role as
#1-cookie-baker-helper
seriously









And I've already told you
how good those cookies were.


And I'll show you
how cute Jake's house is...


It is with Abbie's now
on Aunt Sadie's Hutch.

You just can't have enough sugar.

***************

SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup margarine (I used butter)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teas. vanilla
2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
3 1/2 cups flour

Cream sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour. Roll out 1/4 (at least) inch thick and cut. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes.

Fast.
Easy.
Good.
Have fun!



3 comments:

Becca said...

What a CUTE house!!!! And the cookies make me hungry just looking at them!

Gone Gal said...

YUM Those Sugar Cookies. I won't beg for any because you were already too sweet to send me the other surprise cookies. They didn't last long. I eat cookies for breakfast, you know!

So I notice a Roy G. Biv color arrangement of roof dots with Jake's house design. Very nice. Was that his intent?

Shaun at Oak Den said...

I asked Jake about Roy G. Biv and yes, he planned it that way!