Friday, February 20, 2009

City Delights




What does one do with an afternoon in The City?

You get the idea.
More of that today.

But before I move on, may I just say that there are so many stores. It has been a long time since I've lived in a place where there was a store within minutes for anything I wanted/needed. Colorado Springs, 1991-1992. That was the last time. Ever since then it has been an effort.

And not always an enjoyable one.

So, moving on.

Oh. There are also so many eating options. No wonder we're all broke and overweight. Go shopping. Go out to eat. 

Okay. So. Moving on.

I met up with Doug and his staff for Italian food. Doug ordered an appetizer of calamari (of course) and wanted everyone to try it.

And they did.


Seriously. I don't care if everything IS better fried (as my boys say), it is just not right to actually EAT something that looks like what it looks like when it is alive.

I was fine sitting with my smile while they all crunched away.

The rest of the meal was divine. My favorite?  The

EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA

Breaded and fried eggplant slices topped with marinara, fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella,

then baked to golden perfection.



ooohhhh. And it was.

Moving right along. The pregnant ones were stuffed...


then the waiters brought out a piece of birthday cake for Doug and invited all in the room to join them in song...


which surprisingly many did...


and Doug carefully cut the Red Velvet Cake into six thin pieces for all to enjoy...


which we all did do. Boop-boop-be-do.

Doug with 4 of the 6 people who help him keep things going.

It was a lovely dining experience. We were all quite full and content.

And we're doing it again tonight. After I go do some more shopping.

Different group of people. Different country of food.

I'm going down to the little gym now to spend 45 minutes on the elliptical so I can justify tonight's excess.


2 comments:

Becca said...

I LOVE to eat out. LOVE it. Looks like a great time. Now I am hungry....

Gone Gal said...

Bucco de bepo rocks. Red velvet cake rocks. I used to love calimari until I found out they are one of the most intelligent creatures on earth. Yikes.