Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Need Anything Sliced or Diced?


I have a new knife.

I'm pretty happy about this tool
which is going to make my life easier.
Right? Right??

This knife first came to my consciousness
because of The Pioneer Woman.
In her cooking section I noticed she always used
One Particular Knife.

Then in January she talked about
and had a give-away
for 10 lucky readers.

I wasn't one of them.

But I sure was interested in this knife.
However, I couldn't justify the price.

But I sure could fantasize. 

I mean, look at that blade!
Doesn't it make you want to 
chop and mince and dice and de-bone
just for the fun of it?

I guess it was watching
the chef at the Japanese restaurant
with his flying knives
that caused me to start pining again
for this knife.

And Saturday night, when Doug and I
were at Macy's
I wandered over to the kitchen things
and guess what?
The Knife
was on sale
with a bonus bamboo cutting board.

Doug made a deal with me
and I now have
The Knife! 

Here I am
cutting a tomato
with one hand.

One hand!

I'm now thinking of meals to make
that require a lot of
cutting, chopping, slicing and dicing.

Ain't she a beauty?
I just need to start doing
the kind of cooking
which justifies owning
This Knife.


2 comments:

Gone Gal said...

Our brother, Chris, gave me a Wustoff bread knife years ago for an xmas gift. I love it and treat it with reverence.

Welcome to the Wustoff family!

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine what a bread knife would be like cutting into my home-made bread! That might be something to start saving for...