But it just doesn't work for me.
A few years ago I was looking through an homeschool catalogue and saw the game "ColorKu" and I immediately felt a rush of excitement. It was full of color! My brain Got It. I could see how this worked.
I am an amazingly visual learner.
So I bought two of the games to give to our parents for Christmas.
My Mom has hers sitting on the trunk-table she has in front of her couch in her family room, ready to be played. And the game is constantly being played. Anyone who sits on the couch gets enticed by the colors and the lure of a little bit of mental gymnastics. Nothing too hard, but just enough. And an added benefit? You get to exercise your manual dexterity, fine tune your small motor skills as you pick up those little wooden balls and put them in the proper place.
Nick played ColorKu a lot while we were at Gramma's this past weekend. At first he was skeptical of the game but it quickly drew him in and he informed me that we needed to get one for us, too.
Bright colors for your eyes.
The feel of smooth wood for your hands.
Patterns for your brain.
Yep. We know how to have fun.




2 comments:
Thanks for the great review! I will have to check it out!
I just have to hope that Nick admitted that Gramma gave him some "clues" to make the game a little easier. he he!
Post a Comment