Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Itch That Needs to Be Scratched


I'm having a ferocious itch
that needs to be scratched.

I need to again feel fabric in my hands.
I need to cut it and
arrange it and
stitch it and then
quilt it.

Look at all the possibilities that await me...

My beloved sewing machine sits unused and dusty...

I have stacks of fat quarters waiting to be played with...

I even have kits with fabric already chosen for me.
All I need to do is start...

On the other hand,
I am knee deep in my on-line photo class
and it uses any extra time I might have.
And then some...

I have all THESE beautiful paper possibilities awaiting me...

I'm getting my category drawers filled with beloved photos...

And let's not even talk about ALL the photo albums I'm filling up
so that the pictures are OUT of the boxes and envelopes
and in a form of chronological order
to be enjoyed by one and all...
(note the dusty shelf-THAT is real life)

This is a huge accomplishment by itself.

But I'm still having my itch.
An itch that will be soothed by the feel of fabric
on the palms of my hands.


1 comment:

Becca said...

Ooooh lala!! Look at all that fun!!! Organized too!! WOW!