Last night was the final night of the 3-day celebration here in town.
Abbie and I went over to the park every night
to hang out and listen to the music and watch the local talent perform.
It was a nice...
*cool summer nights*
*sitting on blankets*
*eating dutch oven chicken and potatoes*
*watching people*
Last night was the final celebration
ending
with
fireworks
which
I
took
way
too
many
photos
of.
Sorry.
You see, it's just that I have a camera which I bought last May,
a little Nikon that I can carry in my purse
so that I don't always have to tote around my Canon,
and I haven't really played around with it a lot
and I wanted to see how it would do taking pictures of fireworks.
It did fine.
But I sort of over did it.
Abbie had to tell me to put away my camera
because we were supposed to snuggle while we watched the fireworks.
Yep. That's the kind of a mother I've become.
Well,
the crowd was feeling the music
and there was plenty of crowd to go around
and Abbie and I wandered around the booths for a bit
(and the presence of the Police on foot and bike was comforting)
and we couldn't really talk because the music was so loud
and people were having such a good time
and our (used-to-be)
big name performer for the night
who seemed a little-bit-drunk
(because he goes from small town to small town for the love of his music)
put on a pretty good show
and kept talking about his drive out here
and how this was "God's country".
He charmed the locals.
Some of them may have been drunk, too.
But you know what?
I'm a local now
and I was somewhat charmed
and we had fun
and the last three nights made me kind of happy.
It's a good town to live in.




5 comments:
It's the 2009 version of "Picnic"
---William Holden, Rosalind Russell, Kim Novak, Cliff Robertson---
without the haunting song and delicious dance scene to "moonglow."
Lol - how I love your posts. I do. So much. ;)
Looks like a great time! And what a sweety you had to snuggle during the fireworks!
Whenever I see you doing things with Abbey..I have these little pangs of missing my youngest daughter and missing those special times in her life. This is such a sweet age and it just gets better from here. We still have to snuggle on the bed and just chat and she is 31! There is something so special about a mother/daughter relationship. I pray my Laura gets a daughter of her own someday. So far she has two great boys!
Looks like your home town festival was quite the thing! I am glad you had such fun! Net year the $500.00!
P.S. I really miss my other kids too, but there is just something about that youngest one!
I love the picture of you and Abbie--so cute.
Post a Comment