Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Hot Dawg

I can't really let myself think about it.
I don't really want to talk too much about it.
But I have eaten two,
yes 2,
hot dogs this year.
And the last one was just a few days ago.

I haven't eaten a hot dog since, well, I don't know.
It has been over 10 years.
Last Friday I bought dogs and buns and chips and soda and marshmallows
because Jake was having some friends over
and they were going to have a little cook-out.

When Abbie and I returned home from The Celebration
at the park
the boys had the fire pit going
and it just seemed like a fun thing to do.
So I did.
I roasted a hot dog over the fire.
And I ate it.

I'm only now able to talk about it.
But talking this much about it has made my stomach hurt.
So I need to stop.

The point is:
Never say you will never eat something ever again.
Because 10 years later you might.


4 comments:

Jen said...

Too true, too true.

You are so funny.

-Jen

Bonnie said...

The only time I am tempted to eat a hot dog is at a professional baseball game which I go to about every two decades. There is just something about them like what they are made from that is a big turn off. My husband likes Polish sausages~those things make me shudder! So greasy! Other than that he is the healthiest eater I know.

You are right though...never say never!

Gone Gal said...

Oh Yeah, that is a good lookin' hot dog. Yummmm..

Dorothy said...

After nearly 4 years in the Dominican Republic, our hot dog in the Miami Airport was SOOOOOO delicious. I am like Kathy on this one---Yummmmmmm. I like to think Nathans are healthier than any others!