Jake and Abbie in the dorm at BYU for Jake's EFY week
*the kitchen drain is clogged and it is very inconvenient. I think Doug is going to play plumber pretty soon.
*do you think plumbers ever play dentist?
*Jake had a great week at EFY and has been so full of gratitude towards us for sending him.
*the weather acts like it knows school is going to start soon and so it is feeling more autumnal. What happened to the dog days of summer? August has been mild.
*I don't like school starting in August. It's almost like I can't really enjoy August as a summer month because I'm thinking so much about school. August really gets cheated.
*why, oh, why did I see Christmas decorations in a store last week?????????
*I went visiting teaching today and stayed after my companion left to go back to work and I visited with this woman for another hour. She is 80-ish years old and a widow and I really like her.
*Mom, if you lived out here I'd visit you every day for more than an hour. Or you could visit me.
*Nick will be moving back out to civilization next week because classes will be starting up and we'll be back to having only two children in the house. It will seem very strange.
*I haven't been watering our garden enough and the veggies aren't maturing fast enough. I want some garden fresh tomatoes and peppers.
*Doug and I are having big discussions about our France trip, trying to plot out our time and how we'll spend it. I hope I have enough energy.
*we are going to spend 2 1/2 days in Marseilles. I want to go there because of a song in the 70's that I used to play on my guitar by John Sebastian. And I want to put my feet in the Mediterranean.
*the Mediterranean makes me think of Cat Stevens. I also played a lot of his music on my guitar and dreamed of marrying him. Isn't that funny?!
*my sister told me not to wear white tennis/running shoes in Paris because we'll look like tourists. Isn't that funny? We WILL be tourists. Actually, I think her words had something to do with looking like a hick. ouch. An article I read said we'd look like tourists if we wore the white sport shoes and then we might be targets for the slimy crooks. I can handle that reasoning.
*we haven't played Settlers of Catan for over three weeks. I guess we weren't addicted after all, eh?
*Nick will be moving back out to civilization next week because classes will be starting up and we'll be back to having only two children in the house. It will seem very strange.
*I haven't been watering our garden enough and the veggies aren't maturing fast enough. I want some garden fresh tomatoes and peppers.
*Doug and I are having big discussions about our France trip, trying to plot out our time and how we'll spend it. I hope I have enough energy.
*we are going to spend 2 1/2 days in Marseilles. I want to go there because of a song in the 70's that I used to play on my guitar by John Sebastian. And I want to put my feet in the Mediterranean.
*the Mediterranean makes me think of Cat Stevens. I also played a lot of his music on my guitar and dreamed of marrying him. Isn't that funny?!
*my sister told me not to wear white tennis/running shoes in Paris because we'll look like tourists. Isn't that funny? We WILL be tourists. Actually, I think her words had something to do with looking like a hick. ouch. An article I read said we'd look like tourists if we wore the white sport shoes and then we might be targets for the slimy crooks. I can handle that reasoning.
*we haven't played Settlers of Catan for over three weeks. I guess we weren't addicted after all, eh?




4 comments:
Your photo of Jake and Abby just brought back so many memories of Education Week in years past. Those beloved dorms!
The white shoe things is so true. Everyone in Italy is into black clothes too. Laura says it is because they do not have the means to wash their clothes all the time like we do. I hope you get to go up to Montmartre in Paris. Le Sacre Coeur is amazingly beautiful and unique as cathedrals go. The street artists up there are fun to watch too. Gay Paris...love it! You will have an amazing time. I am so excited for you!
I am sorry I am always spelling Abbie wrong! Ok, I got it now!
Shaun, I didn't get your e-mail. My address is bonniejmattson@yahoo.com
Post a Comment