Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Fell In Love With France-Chapter 1


CHAPTER 1


Ever since I’ve known Doug he has talked to me about France; the food, the people, the castles, the cities, the landscape. France was in his blood and sometimes it was just a wee bit annoying. There are places I’ve lived which are in my blood, but I don’t go on and on about them.


I just didn’t know.


But now I do. Isn’t that curious? Does this happen to everyone? Did this happen to me because I’ve been living with this man and hearing about France for 25 years? Do other people go to France and come back with photographs and souvenirs and fun memories and then think about the next place they want to visit, or do they return to their homes a different person?


I feel different. I hope this doesn’t go away.


The Arc de Triomphe on the Champs-Élysées

And I hope I don’t get annoying.



** Chapter 2 coming hopefully tomorrow**




3 comments:

Gone Gal said...

Completely understandable. It is a beautiful place and between that and Italy, I could return every time there was a bargain airfare, if I didn't have special needs dogs. I hope your return again and again and think about buying a pied a terre there instead of MOAB, of all places.
Obviously Doug's still taken with France. Most guys would have their eyes closed when they kissed their hot wife. He's lookin' at the cheese store instead.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

hahahahaha!!

Bonnie said...

I do know exactly what you mean. The first time Jim and I went to Europe in the 90's we were completely smitten and definitely came home changed. It is such a broadening experience in more ways than one! Haha! December will be our 4th trip over and it never loses its charm.

It is just wonderful and the antiquity is like nothing we can see over here in my opinion. Coming home everything seems so new. We have the modern conveniences but they have the charm.