I am trying not to think about how busy I am and how much I have to do! It always happens and I know it will and I'm glad that I planned out things as much as I did because otherwise I would really feel like I'm drowning. There are a few extra things on my plate this Christmas (such as planning a family reunion on the 20-22, how's that for adding something extra?!) and I'm especially loving the Journal Your Christmas project. I'm doing a variation of that and Ali Edwards' December Daily, which I also love. I, however, am not being as creative as these women are, I'm being fairly minimal on the creativity part and concentrating on getting the photos and writing the words in a notebook every day, and when I have time I'm putting them all together. AND, I cheated in the creation of my book. I bought a pre-made Christmas recipe book and I'm altering it and adding some of my own papers.
Thus far I have the introduction page, which is a pre-made paper that I added glittery letter stickers to. Easy:
On the back of that page I have written my Intention for this month. I taped this page onto an 8.5 x 11 paper and ran it through my printer, taped some very old gold rick rack to the side and called it done.

Then next page is actually Nov. 30 when we decorated the tree. Again, I just used one of the pre-made pages and wrote on a journaling card and glued it all down. This was the photo that drove me to a few tears trying to learn how to do an overlay.
Life is really, really busy right now and it is a little crazy to be doing this. But as long as I get the photos I want every day, and write a little about the day while it is fresh, I can put pages together when I have a few minutes here or there.
On the back of that I have my first day of December, the day the house decorating began. I covered the white back of the pre-made page with some paper, added another strip of paper, wrote on my journaling card, glued it all down and called it good. It looks like I glued it down a little crooked. Oh well.
One thing about me is that I am fairly passionate about recording life and capturing the regular moments of life and writing the thoughts about life. With all the options available on how to do this I get a little overwhelmed. I still think the best way to record life is with pen and paper, but there is something to be said for photos and computers and pretty papers!
Write about your December; what makes you happy, what you look forward to, what you remember happily about Christmas past, what makes you sad, what you wish could be different, what you are content with. I promise that someday there will be someone who will find your words and thoughts to be very precious. It is our Christmas gift to the future!




1 comment:
This is just great, Shaun. I am passionate about it too but I am more for doing it on my blog. I find the mess of scraping and the time it takes drives me nuts but maybe I will get back to it someday. I think the key is to simplify it. That is where I run into trouble I want to do all the embellishing. Yours is perfect.
Post a Comment