...this very late birthday post. It had to do with a lost camera cord. And not being able to get some pictures. But I did get a card reader. Anyway...
ELEVEN REASONS WHY I LOVE YOU, MISS ABBIE!!
IN looking back over a year of pictures, from your 10th birthday last year to your 11th birthday this year, I was pretty astounded at how much you've changed and how you are looking more and more grown-up. You're becoming a young lady!
So, here we go:
1. I love how you are always ready and willing for an adventure. If an adventure isn't on the horizon, you are ready to think one up!
2. I love how you like girl things and you enjoy looking at cute clothes or shoes or purses. Yes. Purses! I was kind of wondering how that might be since you're growing up in a house full of boys, and I don't think I'm the most girlie-Mom you could have. But you seem to have it in you.
3. I love that you have dedicated time and energy all last year and now this year to your two dance classes, and you still love them both, the ballet and...
4. I love that you and I ride together and that we rode in the Little Red Riding Hood last year. You were soooooooo awesome to do that ride all day long, and you didn't give up even though it was hard and long.
5. I love that you and your Dad have so much fun together.
6. I love that we lay on your bed at night and talk about stuff. I love that sometimes something funny will happen and we'll start giggling and then I have a little snort and your bust out laughing and then I laugh and then you laugh and then we laugh so hard we cry. And Dad tells us to be quiet! And we laugh into the pillows!
7. I love that pretty much every night we say:
Good night.
Sweet dreams.
Right back atcha.
That's the word.
Okie-dokie.
Artichokie.
Al-la-ma-go-kie.
It doesn't make sense. We don't remember how it started. But it's what we say back and forth to one another. Sometimes on the phone. From France.
8. I love that even when you aren't sure about your ability, you try anyway.
9. I love that you and Jake are good friends. Most of the time.
10. I love that you love your grandmothers and that you look forward to seeing them whenever you can.
11. I love how much you help me with things. You have learned many skills and it has been great to do things with you.
11a. I love your happiness.
11b. I love your talents: violin, piano, dance classes, voice lessons. You've had a busy year developing your talents.
11c. I love what a good friend you try to be. I hope you'll always be kind to people, even when they might not be so kind towards you.

11d. I love that you are a part of our family! What a gift and a blessing you have been to me and to your dad and to your brothers. You are a sweet, pink ray of sunshine and you are my best girlfriend. forever.




1 comment:
what a delightful tribute from a mother to a daughter. Abbie has been a wonderful friend to Elena--LJ was SO glad they connected a while back. thanks for letting that happen.
Post a Comment