Monday, May 10, 2010

#6 MAY-be I'll Get Those Things Ordered

In trying to make lemonade out of lemons with the whole there-was-a-volcano-in-Iceland-so-we're-not-going-to-France thing, and because Jake has a passport that needs a stamp in it, Doug and I talked things over and then we talked with Jake and then Jake talked with his Japanese teacher.

And if there are still seats on the plane headed for Japan...

...then Jake will take a trip next month!

He's pretty excited about it. He has to do a LOT of things to earn this trip, and he's going to be paying us back for it after he's home. And I suppose it still isn't 100% sure since I'm now making someone do extra work getting plane tickets and hotel rooms and bus rides for a late sign-up.

But at least I finally got my part done, the part where I had to get on-line and sign Jake up and pay for the trip in full so that he can maybe go.

And while I was on-line I finally, and I mean FINALLY, ordered Abbie her Ghillie shoes for her Irish step dance class.

Hummm...this is her second year dancing; classes started last September; classes will soon be over for the summer; but I finally ordered her shoes. Because there is going to be a recital soon.


Way to go, Shaun. That's how to stay on top of things. Not.

MAYbe I'll go see what else I need to order around here... and haven't.

*******************************************************************************

At dinner tonight Jake was asking if there are any active volcanoes between us and Japan. haha! As if! Whatarethechances? I mean, really? Ha. ha...


1 comment:

Gone Gal said...

Of course he should go! This is a no-brainer. A structured academic trip he can put on his resume to assist in his admission to a Tier 1university. A personal test to increase his abilities to handle out-of-the-norm experiences (including japanese girls wanting to touch his curly red hair), and maybe a chance to meet a real live ninja. Awesome.