Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Happy birthday, Jako! (p.s.)
Just a few photos of Sunday's celebration of Jake for you, Nick and Sam . We missed your bellowing rendition of "Happy Birthday". We missed all the laughter and funny happenings at the dinner table as we celebrated Jake. We miss you in the little family photo...

When I was making Jake's cake I thought it would be fun to use the bundt cake pan. When I was frosting it I commented that the frosting was covering up the ridges that a bundt cake has. As I continued frosting it I said, in all seriousness, "This reminds me of something but I can't figure out what it is..." to which Fred replied, "A chocolate donut??!" "YES! That's what it is!" *sigh* How's that for an over-loaded brain? So this became the crazy chocolate donut cake. And it tasted good!
Jake's choice for his birthday dinner was bar-b-que'd hamburgers and potato salad and whatever else I wanted to make. I tried a new baked bean recipe which was a hit, and a bunch of other food. We're still eating leftovers.
I always have a picture taken of the birthday child with me since it is also my birthing day! It was a great day on Sunday and it was a great day 15 years ago. Love you, Jakey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment