Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Mom

On this Mother's Day weekend I want to let my Mom know how much I love her and admire her and appreciate her. She is a great Mom and I am very blessed to be her daughter.

Abbie and I are going to her house in just a little bit (don't worry, last weekend we had "Pretend Mother's Day" here and Doug cooked dinner and the kids gave me gifts, so we're good. This was the only available weekend they could go to Moab and I was really happy to get to go to my mom's for Mother's Day). I love going to my mom's house. I love being there and spending time with her.

I love this picture of my mom taken while she was at BYU in 1945. I think it is so cool.


This is Mom's missionary picture/post card, which was a common thing back then.



And the next two photos are my contribution to all her future Mother's Days! This is in Harlingen, Texas, March, 1956.

Here we are in San Antonio, Texas with our Mom. Shauna,Chris, Kathy and Scott. Mark came later while we lived in Nebraska. Sorry Mark, I don't have any old pictures with you.
(Just a note. The doll that is next to me is a very loved doll. I took such good care of my Baby-doll and learned and practiced my mother skills on that doll. She now sits upstairs in Abbie's room, still very loved.)

Thanks for being my mom, Mom. See you in a few hours!

xoxoxo Shauna

No comments: