Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day with Mom

Last Saturday afternoon, while Doug and the boys were in Moab, Abbie and I went to Mom's to spend Mother's Day with her. It was a pretty quick trip, out Saturday and back Sunday, but we packed a lot into those 25 hours!

Kathy, here are the flowers you ordered for Mom. They were beautiful.


We met Mark and Malinda and family at Mi Ranchito for dinner Saturday night. This place has the best salsa. And you can judge a Mexican place by the beans and rice and they are GOOD here, especially if you put some of the salsa on them....ummmmm!!

Abbie, Shea, Madison and Gunnar


Mark, Malinda and Mom

(Just an FYI: if you ever go to this place they don't take reservations after 5:30, so go early or plan to wait for awhile or be okay with using two tables instead of one.)


Gunnar got a little bored waiting for us to finish eating and talking. He looked up just as I took this picture. Originally he was looking down at the floor with the best I'm-bored-out-of-my-mind expression! Love you, Gunnar!

Heart and Soul

After dinner we went back to Gramma's house because I needed Mark to help me with a project on Mom's computer. I convinced Mom, and it didn't take much convincing, to start a family blog! I realized that with technology what it is now, there is no reason why all of our family shouldn't have the old family photos. And (this is what I'm really excited about) I don't have to sit with Mom and get names and dates on all the photos. She can do that with her blog AND tell the stories behind all the pictures! It didn't take her long to "get it" and she told me that if I'd set her up, she'd do it. So that is what Mark helped me do, and then I spent most of my time scanning photos into Mom's computer so that she can write the stories when she's ready! I think this is so cool for my Mom to do! Here is a link to her blog: http://stanbram.blogspot.com for any friends of our family who might be interested. I don't know how often she'll post, but I'm so impressed with my almost 82 year old Mom for doing this!

On Sunday we took our three generations Mother's picture, I scanned more pictures into Mom's computer, we ate our left-over Mexican food and Abbie and I loaded up and came home. It was a great time together.

Love you, Mom!

No comments: