
There were five young men in our ward who were ordained Sunday after Stake Conference. Because Fred was the last one of the bunch to be ordained, all his buddies were able to stand in the circle and participate in the ordinance. I thought it was very special for Fred to be surrounded by his friends and his Priesthood leaders and his Dad and his "other brother", Dorian, for his ordination. It is symbolic to be surrounded by so much Priesthood power as a young man begins his own Priesthood journey.
(photo taken with Doug's cell phone camera)
Once we were home I took the Dad-and-Son photos that I always take. Aren't they handsome?
I'm hoping this has nothing to do with how I taught Primary songs about "Priesthood Power". Maybe I just caught him in a stretch? I'm really not sure what was going on here...
We've told the kids all along: The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree...sorry about that!
I often get comments from teachers and leaders about Fred and what a great young man he is and what thoughtful comments he gives in classes and the spirit he contributes. His seminary teachers and Priesthood teachers and our Bishop have told me these things. Fred has a depth about him and it comes through in the way he treats people and in the prayers he'll say and the comments he'll make in FHE. Fred is all full of fun and games, but don't let him fool you too much. There is a lot behind that pretty face of his!
Love you, Freddy. Thanks for being so great.
Love you, Freddy. Thanks for being so great.





No comments:
Post a Comment