A few weeks ago I started having a bad feeling about our computer and I was having little nudgings about backing the computer up. I didn't do anything about it and the feeling got stonger. I finally said something to Doug about needing to back up the computer, I felt like it was going to crash. Well, I ignored those feeling way too long. Our computer has died and nothing seems to be bringing it back to life. I'm not sure what we've lost and I'm not going to fret too much about it. But I am going to try to learn this simple lesson that I seem to be SO good about not learning: PLEASE listen to and ACT ON the promptings I get from that still, small voice...
In the meantime I'll post on Doug's laptop when he brings it home at the end of the day. I need to get it set up so that I can upload my photos, and then I can get caught up on all the things that have been happening around here.
Why is it so hard for us (me) to listen to the promptings we (I) get? I know my life would go so much smoother if I'd do that. I'm thankful that the Holy Ghost hasn't given up on me and just quit trying to talk to me. I must do better in this, in the small things, like backing up a computer, and in the big things that really do matter. I wonder what it would be like to go through a whole day following EVERY prompting I had, whether it made sense to me or not? I wonder if I had enough faith to try to do that one day?
Well, Doug needs to take the computer now, so I'm done...
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So sorry about your computer. You'll have to teach me how to back things up now.
Post a Comment