I have a love/hate relationship with motorcycles. When I was young I thought they were a blast. When I became a mother it became very real to me what a death trap they could be and I'm not interested in becoming a widow via a motorcycle. So for me to agree to spend a day on this machine was really a very big deal. But as you see, all went well. Doug is as careful a rider as one can be.
We were gone for about 8 hours. We stopped a lot throughout the ride. We had ice creams at Pinwillie's by Altamont. We stopped by Tabiona to look at this beautiful horse ranch:
Doug had told Abbie about this ranch so we took some pictures to show to her.
Then we stopped at the top of Wolf Creek Pass and tromped around for awhile. It really is beautiful up there. I've actually been this far before. I just haven't been to the other side of the mountain.
A few years ago Doug was getting his friend, Shane, into cycling. They decided that it would be a good ride to start at the top of Wolf Creek Pass and ride back to Roosevelt. So one Saturday morning I drove them to the top and then drove home and they spent a good part of the day riding home. Doug and I kind of laughed about that because now Shane is an amazing cyclist and they have created quite a cycling group here, and it is nothing for these men to ride their bikes UP Wolf Creek Pass, down the other side to Francis or Kamas, then ride BACK UP Wolf Creek and all the way home! I guess I shouldn't say it is nothing. It is quite something, and they do this when they are in training for a big ride (like the LOTOJA). That would probably be about 160 or so miles round trip.
Once we were on the other side Doug stopped to let me enjoy how beautiful it was. Fields and fields of what we called "buttercups", but I don't know if that is the real name. It was really so beautiful.
Then we drove around a little bit. Doug knows the area better than I do and I wasn't sure where we were. We ended up at the gas station in Kamas and then the grocery store. And get this! We ended up having our anniversary dinner at the grocery store! We bought chicken strips, poppers and (fake) seafood salad from the deli and a baguette, drinks and cheeto's and sat at a table and ate! Cracks me up! Sometimes Doug and I can be so cheap! But I think it is funny. It was getting late and we needed to eat , so there you have it!




1 comment:
Shauna,
You guys are just cool beyond words!
I LOVE the picture of you in the field of flowers. You look so beautiful. You should totally have that enlarged and framed for your house. Each of your kids should have their own copy.
-Jen
Post a Comment