Television. Do you love it or do you hate it?
Here is my vice: I love to watch The Amazing Race. It started a few years ago when I was recuperating from some things (like kidney stones and gall bladder surgery) and we added extra channels to our basic network package so that I could really accomplish nothing. I discovered a whole bunch of channels out there, specifically re-runs of The Amazing Race.
I've been hooked ever since.
And now some of my children are hooked.
What to do? How can I justify this obsession? Do you know how excited I was when I found out when the new season would begin? I couldn't wait to tell Jake.
So here's what we're doing:
We record the program for later viewing (don't want to watch it on Sunday AND this way we can skip through the commercials and don't have to spend quite as much time in front of the tv)
AND
(this part is brilliant!)
I gave Jake and Abbie each a huge world map and every time the teams have to race to a new part of the world Jake and Abbie race to find that city and country on their map!!
We're getting our GEOGRAPHY done!
We're pretty clever, don'tcha think?
(By the way, we haven't had the extra channels for a few years now. It was a temporary thing. And really, I only watch The Amazing Race. Well, sometimes I watch Oprah. And when I'm really lucky I get to watch the news. But really, who has time for television? Now movies, yeah, I do watch those but only because we joined Netflix. If I'm going to sit around and do nothing I'd rather it be watching a movie. Well, that or The Amazing Race. But then it isn't "nothing" because we're doing our GEOGRAPHY. Well. Anyway...)




1 comment:
My neighbor, Jen Basa, produced a couple of seasons- I think even got an Emmy for one year.
Post a Comment