Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monday, Monday...

Our Mondays used to be pretty calm. I've always tried to protect Monday from having anything going on because I needed to a) be able to re-group after the weekend, b) make sure we got off to a good start for our home school week and c) have time to make a good dinner and be prepared for FHE. I think that was wise when all 5 children were still at home. What a difference our Mondays are now.

And because I don't want to forget, I recorded a typical Monday yesterday...

The action really starts at 2:45 when Abbie and I go pick Jake up from school if it is an "A" day (our high school has "A" day and "B" day, four classes each day for a total of 8 classes. Jake is a part time public school student and goes to the high school on "A" day).

I didn't think of it soon enough or I would have had my camera with me to take a picture of Jacob coming out of Seminary.

Once we're home we have about 15 minutes to talk about his day. Yesterday he enjoyed telling me about the great score on his geometry test last week.

That's a 96.2% there. Way to go, Jake!

Then it is off to piano lessons at 3:30...


Then pick up from piano lessons at 4:30...


Then drop Abbie off at dance lessons...


Then drop Jacob off at the office to clean (he's the new cleaning guy now that Fred is gone)...


Then off to the grocery store. I'm still trying to figure out a really good working schedule for grocery day and errand day and laundry day and all those days. Lately, because we're been gone so much on the weekends, grocery day has been on Monday while Abbie is at dance...

Yes, I did take my camera into the grocery store!

Then back to the college (go Aggies) to watch Abbie for a few minutes in her dance class because I promised her I would this week...



Then home with Abbie and unload the groceries...

I must say, $135.00 does not buy as many groceries as it used to. I even bought SALE items. And it was quite disconcerting to see how empty the shelves were. And rats, I forgot my recycle bags yesterday.

Monday is our day for cooking lessons for Abbie (and Jake when it is a "B" day), and we needed a treat for FHE so Abbie made a cake, which worked out nicely in her mind because it was her Webkinz dog's birthday yesterday. I didn't know...


As per Jake's request for meat, then specifically hamburgers, for dinner, that's what we had. I am always intrigued at Jake's precision at making his own fry sauce, which he prefers over the store bought variety. This is a kid who HATES mayo. Go figure...


We had our Family Night, and then we had our treat, which also ended up being a b-day celebration for "Grace". I told Abbie not to expect this for every one of her Webkintz. It just happened to work out tonight!


Our FHE lesson was about our blessings. When Doug and I were married one of my friends gave us this Blessings jar (thanks Patti) and we started a tradition of every now and then writing blessing on a piece of paper and putting them in the jar. It has been awhile since we've done that. So last night we dumped out the blessings already in the jar and read them and then wrote our new ones.

We do have many blessings. Very Many.

And that is how Monday afternoon and evening went yesterday...because you didn't know that you wanted to know.

1 comment:

Gone Gal said...

Bill Gates and Jake Ogden.