Friday, October 3, 2008

Corn-y Day

I was telling my mom that we may not have a lot of things out here, but we do have a great corn maze every autumn, one that we really can get lost in!


So today we made our annual pilgrimage to the corn maze and the pumpkin patch to officially welcome autumn.


Careful consideration of which pumpkin to choose

Avery and Abbie

The girls didn't want to wait for the hay wagon ride back to the maze, so we set off down the country road




Jake came with us also, but didn't really want to do the pumpkin patch. He and Abbie took off in the maze and I didn't see them until I came out with some of the other moms.

But the reality is that pretty much the whole time Jake was doing this:

And he did finish his book, Brisingr, the third book in the Eragon series which he was rather excited to get from the library.

It reminds me of a family vacation we took in the 1970's from Fairfield, CA up the Oregon coast to Vancouver, B.C. I have rather vague memories of that trip because I was reading Gone With the Wind and I could not stop reading. I totally understood Jake today and why he preferred to sit and read.

So, we have our pumpkins.

We got lost in the maze.

Jake finished his book.

Good day.

No comments: