Monday, October 20, 2008

The Simple Woman's Day Book




FOR TODAY, Monday, October, 20...

Outside My Window...it is still dark, but I think it is going to be a little overcast today. It is chilly outside but it isn't bad. Beautiful autumn weather. The leaves are changing on our trees and are beginning to fall and that's when our fun begins! I wanted us to buy this house years ago because of the tress. I wanted our kids to have tress to climb in and leaves to play in.

I am thinking...what a wonderful thing it is to begin a new week and contemplate all the possibilities for the week.

From the Learning Room...today is Jake's day at the high school, so it is just Abbie and I and we'll do math, Language Arts, Nature Notebook, cooking class, reading.

I am thankful for...our huge, extremely comfortable, wonderful bed that gives me such a great sleep every night.

From the kitchen...last night's apple crisp sits on the counter. Breakfast, anyone? With a cold glass of milk we can almost get all our food groups!!

I am wearing...my work-out clothes. Going to the gym soon.

I am creating...a new scrapbook lay-out from the Ft. Irwin days.

I am going...to make my reservation today for my annual solitary get-away in the mountains.

I am reading...Mrs. Sharp's Traditions, for some interesting ideas for this month.

I am hoping...to have a center of peace throughout the week.

I am hearing...the hum of the computer and the refrigerator. I love a silent house. I don't get to hear silence too often. Doug and Jake have already left, so I can enjoy this quiet for a little longer before Abbie wakes up.

Around the house...I have three big boxes of give-aways from cleaning out the art room. Whatever friends don't take goes to the thrift store.

One of my favorite things...feeling organized and feeling like I have some sort of control over how things (my life) are going. I realized that I'm NOT in control, but I like having a plan and working the plan.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: organize and file away this year's tax stuff so it will be ready next year, get some order back in the laundry room, study my lessons for our "mom school" on Thursday, decide what to do with the last little pile of "things" in the art room and then it is done!!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

This is my autumn sofa table that I see every time I walk by the living room (a million times a day)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Shauna,
I love these Simple Woman's Day posts. Can I steal the idea?
-Jen

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Yes! Do it. I really like how it requires me to think a little more purposefully, and then to DO what I say I'm going to do.

Click on the Simple Woman's picture and it will take you to the site where you can sign up to do it. I suppose you can just copy from mine. I'm not sure how I came across this woman's site, but I really liked this comcept.

Have fun!

Cassidy said...

Beautiful children!
Cassidy
www.thankfulmommy.com

Gone Gal said...

Shauna, forget the mountain this year and come to Palm Springs. You can have it all to yourself. It's gated and our little community is very quiet and small. You can sit at the pool all day and it's likely you won't see anyone there. Best of all nobody has kids! (Except one couple but they keep him hidden!) Don, my weekend husband, and I took the aqua golf cart yesterday a couple of blocks away to the Riviera which has just reopened! We valeted the golf-cart! It's magnificent over there. You can just chill and people watch if you got stir crazy!
http://www.psriviera.com/riviera_home.aspx Let me know and I'll tell you where the spare key is hidden, the gate code and the house alarm code!

Paula said...

Apple crisp for breakfast sounds delightful! :)