Sunday
December 28, 2008
San Diego, California
Did you know that all the family wards in San Diego start at 9:oo AM? All of them. I am sorry, but we are on vacation. Our Sunday meetings at home start at 9:00AM and it isn't much of a vacation to go to church at 9:00AM, like we do NOT on vacation.
However, there is a Singles Ward that starts at 11:00 AM. That is more like it. And that is where we went. It was great. A rather smallish ward, but I kind of liked the realness of it all.
In the afternoon we drove over to Balboa Park to see what we could see. We used our "Go Card" to visit the science museum, and then walked around a bit. We'll be going back for the Zoo and other sights another day.
Outside the Science Museum
Just look at this handsome guy!
He's our Phred.
Sam decided that he wanted to grill steaks for dinner on Sunday, so Saturday night we bought all the fixins' and let him have at it.
While he was preparing and cooking the food, Doug did a bit of picture taking:
A bench in our courtyard
Our vacation house.
There are three condos and we have the 3 bedroom/2 bath on the upper level.
Nobody else is using the other condos.
It is kind of nice to be the only ones here,
but we can also see how fun it would be to have family
in the other places.
We checked in on Sam and he had everything under control,
so Doug and I took a walk over to the Bay.
We are staying on the southern part of Mission Beach, on the ocean side.
But the bay is just a little walk to the other side.
Doug decided that he should sell postcards of night shots of cities
if his dentistry doesn't work out...
Back at the house Sam was cooking,
so when we returned Doug helped out to get things going.
And Sam was just having fun grilling the steaks...
and the
bacon-wrapped
cream cheese stuffed
jalapeno poppers
which he made himself!
Wow!
What a great guy!
He made us a delicious dinner
and seemed to have fun doing so.
See the steam rising from the gilled onions and peppers?
Sooooo good.
Doug actually did those.
And get this:
I didn't even have to do the dishes!
All the boys did them.
I just stood around snapping photos.
It was a lovely day.




2 comments:
Looks like you guys are having a blast! :)
oooh, I dread 9am this year on Sundays. I will most always be late!
Love your family. They seems so happy all the time.
Post a Comment