Monday, December 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Day Book







FOR TODAY, Monday, December 8, 2008

Outside My Window...bare trees, overcast sky, snow is in the forecast!

I am thinking...this day holds so much potential. It is exciting to think about what I can do with this day.

From the Learning Room...we need to read our chapters from SOTW in preparation for our Mom-School tomorrow, and try to finish The Door in the Wall.

I am thankful for...my new Apple laptop Doug bought me this past weekend! This is going to be fun!

From the kitchen...I need to make something Mexican for dinner because I have two ripe avocados that need to be eaten.

I am wearing...flannel pajama pants and a thick black sweater. Socks, no shoes.

I am creating...I am needing to get two small quilts made. I'm creating them in my mind. Does that count?

I am going...to enjoy the slow pace of this week because next week the month explodes. Why do so many things get planned during the 3rd week of December? It is this way every year.

I am reading...the "Everything Mac" book. I am determined to conquer this mountain of computer ignorance that I live at the foothills of.

I am hoping...that we do get some snow!!!

I am hearing...Celtic Christmas music. Love it.

Around the house...I am so happy to have my house ready-ish for Christmas (see previous post). Still a few hots spots to tackle...

One of my favorite things...lying in bed at night before I fall asleep and thinking about all my blessings.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: The mundane: clean the bathrooms and the laundry room. The fun: more Christmas baking, get Christmas cards written and mailed, start on the little quilts, learn how to use my Mac.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The results of last night's cookie baking.
Yum Yum!



2 comments:

Aisling said...

I wanted to listen to Celtic Christmas music this morning but couldn't get the online radio station to work properly.

Anita Ann said...

those cookies look great