Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whale-Swell-Fell


Thursday
December 31, 2008
The Ocean


We were watching a whale.
There was a great swell.
And then I fell.

*sigh*

I was too close to the stairway on the upper deck, eye to the camera with the telephoto lens,
the ocean did a heave-ho and I went d-o-w-n the stairs backwards and hit the deck with a resounding thud on my head.

But I protected the camera... 

So the afternoon was shot for me. We did end up going to the hospital so I could get checked out and it looks like my hard head might be good for something. I'll take it easy for the next day or so (as per doctor's instructions) and let the huge goose egg go away.

And that, my friends, is how I'm welcoming the New Year!




4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. Shauna, I hope you are going to recover soon and I am relieved that you have such a hard head! So scary!
-Jen

Tami said...

Oh man, Shauna, what a way to vacation. Glad you protected your camera.

Gone Gal said...

You were lucky. Most people get swept out to sea. I'm so sorry because I'm sure it was very painful. Continue to get checked out so that you haven't damaged any bones or ligs. Maybe it was Dad's way of flipping you on the head to pay attention to something you're not looking at. Jung says if we don't look, the universe does it for us.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

I love that, Kathy!