I gotta tell ya...
Today I'm a couch potato.
I've spent the morning watching the television.
I have a TON of things I need to do today.
And I'm not getting any of it done at this rate.
My brother, Chris, lives in DC and sent an e-mail this morning letting us know
He Would Be There.
Ticket In Hand.
He was bundled up and ready to celebrate
with the ka-billions of others
waving their flags
watching closely
smiling broadly
and listening intently.
It has been a pretty moving morning.
Obama's speech was beautifully written and spoken
and I am choosing to have hope
in the words.
For our homeschool today
I had the kids watch this
Day of History.
I thought it was really important.
So, Abbie was on the floor with Luther
but was she listening?
And Jacob was on the couch
definitely NOT listening.
I'm here alone now, watching and listening
and working on a jigsaw puzzle!
I need to feel like I'm accomplishing something.





2 comments:
I took the day off work. Set up my projector to feed off the tv, had people over and we felt like we were there!
Here's to Obama's pledge from Geo. Washington, here's to "hope and virtue." Something that's been absent in the last 8 years.
Shauna,
Ellie loved this post mainly due to the picture of Jake.
-Jen
Post a Comment