It was inevitable.
The tree
and all the decorations
couldn't stay up forever.
They would have to come down
and be packed away
for 10 1/2 months.
Yes, it was all very lovely.
Yes, I missed out on some of the loveliness
while we were gone
and then when I came home sick and bruised
I was in bed for awhile
and still couldn't fully enjoy it.
But today had to come.
I couldn't put it off any longer.
This is the longest I've had Christmas up.
Good-bye
almost bare tree.
Good-bye all the pretty ornaments and decorations.
Good-bye 10 boxes of stuff
and two Christmas trees.
Hello regular house.
Hello open and airy feeling.
Okay.
Pause.
Here's the MAIN reason I kept everything up
for so long:
We never took our Sunday-best Christmas pictures
in front of the tree
and I needed one more Sunday
so that could happen.
This year there are only four of us.
Gasp.
But we took our pictures
in varying combinations
last Sunday.
So, can we really call these
Christmas Pictures
since they were taken
on January 11, 2009?
Well, regardless,
it was a lovely Christmastime.
(is that tree kind of tilting?)
Good-bye for now.




3 comments:
Beautiful pictures!!
Your hair looks wonderful! Is there something different with your mouth? Are you plumping your lips? Teeth look nice and white! I love that you and Abbie are following Michelle Obama's fashionable red and black inspiration. (Finally, intelligent, tasteful and decent people in the white house who are setting such a good example for families! I'm taking the 20th off to celebrate and give thanks to God for delivering us from stupidity and evil.)
I wore lipstick!! And I use Crest whitening toothpaste. And Abbie and I had these clothes last year, so Michelle is following us.
And thanks for the compliments.
Post a Comment