It is over.
Our Winter winning streak has ended.
We haven't been sick for two winters.
Not a fever, nor a chill, nor a vomit.
No more.
Poor, poor Nick.
I cannot believe we were dragging him all over San Diego
and he was feeling like this for so much of the time.
Now I understand why he didn't feel like kayaking.
Now I understand why he'd lay in his bed wrapped in a blanket
as often as possible.
He never really complained.
He'd just ask if we had any Motrin. Or something.
Sadly, he shared with us,
which is bound to happen when in close contact for so much time.
And once we got back to Utah
(that darn airplane air didn't help)
Doug and I were hit hard.
Now Abbie has it.
Jake claims that the time he spends at the high school,
with all those germs,
has inoculated him.
We'll see.
These are our new best friends:
Some of this is leftover from our Costco run to get stuff for Nick.
Glad we have it now.
Our trusty humidifier has been cranked up non-stop...
And this is pretty much where I've been living,
and Doug when he can...
The t.p. roll?
We've run out of tissues.
It works.
Doug had to go to work today.
He told me to be prepared for him to crash when he gets home tonight.
I'll let him do that. No problem.
I suspect, that since it was 1* today
at 3:00 PM
when I went to pick Jake up from school
it is only going to get colder
as the suns fades.
Last night was -15*.
So I think we'll all just hunker down early tonight
with our favorite pharmaceuticals
for a deep Winter's sleep.




4 comments:
Shauna,
I hope you guys get feeling better soon. How are you feeling since your fall? I was just telling someone at church yesterday that these next 6-8 weeks will be the sick ones. We're just waiting here for whatever comes.
OHHHH I hate getting sick! Happens every winter!
So fun to see all of this! I am going to learn how to post on our blog! So far, Katie and Tal have contributed to ours (which is very little!). Glad you enjoyed Southern Cal! We quite like it, especially this time of year. Did you say -15? Take care -- Regina
Regina! I left a comment on your blog--if you happen to look here. I am so glad you left a note so I could find your blog!
Post a Comment