So, a nickel if you know where that line came from. Ahhh...too easy.
Jake has had quite an exhilarating 24 hours. He was invited to be part of an Honor Band Concert. It really was quite something.

Musicians from the surrounding area were invited to participate. Some drove home from college towns two or four hours away. College students, high school students and musicians in the community all participated.

Last night, Friday, they met at 6:00PM to get the music and begin rehearsing. They rehearsed until around 9:00 PM. They started again this morning at 9:00 AM. They learned the music and rehearsed until around 4:00 this afternoon, with a few breaks here and there.

And tonight they performed for the community at 7:00 PM.

These are warm-up pictures because I didn't want to disturb during the performance. And it was very thrilling. They played for about an hour and a half, some pretty impressive pieces of music, which they learned in 24 hours! It was really wonderful.

Jake's mouth was ringed with the shape of a trombone mouthpiece!
This was a great way for us to spend our Saturday night.
I LOVE that my children are musical. I love that Jake was a part of this.
2 comments:
That's a great photo of Jacob. I can see him earning a living as a member of an urban symphony or a science teacher.
Hmm...the "word verification" password to this posting is "colin."
Very cool! I wish I had known about it. it would have been fun to go. See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment