I am writing this post early enough in the day to give you time to do this.
TODAY. You must do this today.
In my never-ending quest to find and prepare good and interesting food for my family I have been trying different recipes from different sources. My friend, Tami, told me that she tried a potato recipe from The Pioneer Woman that was good.
If it involves potatoes, I'm there (my Irish heritage beckoning me to my roots).
Last night I brought my sweet new Notebook to the kitchen so that I could follow Pioneer Woman's wonderful step-by-step instructions for Crash Hot Potatoes:
And I made them. And let me tell you, ooooohhh are they good. They are so good they are better than good.
You have got to stop whatever you are doing RIGHT NOW and go to the store and get the stuff for these. Actually, you can finish reading this first because that's what you're doing right now.
Pioneer Woman uses these as a side dish with steak. We used them as a main dish. They would be good with steak. Or with veggie burgers. Or as the main dish (we can be pretty simple).
Doug said we should have these every week. I said we need to be careful not to burn out on them. Okay, he said, then at least every other week.
They are that good.
I promise.
Okay. I'm done.
Now go to the store.




4 comments:
Shauna,
Your potatoes looked just like Pioneer Woman's. Aren't they yummy?
Shauna,
What herbs did you use?
Do you think there is any hope for me finding kosher salt in my little town?
I am thinking no.
But I do so love potatoes. Must be the blood of my great great grandmother who hailed from Ireland.
-Jen
Looks delish. How do you make them? Is it difficult?
Jen, I didn't use kosher salt, but we have a sea salt/garlic grinder that I used. And I had dried rosemary which I used.
Kathy, go to the link for the recipe. This is insanely easy to make.
Post a Comment