My sons played these games at friend's houses, and I was okay with that because that was a limited experience. But I didn't want to have any of that in MY house. We had books to read! We had board games to play! We had mountains to discover! You get this? Was this wrong? Was it right? I don't know.
Well, sometime last Fall I discovered The Pioneer Woman's blog and spent a little time browsing around on some of her old posts. I read a REALLY funny post about her attitude towards video games and what happened to her family and it cracked me up. I showed it to Doug because it was funny.
That was all it took. I guess Doug thought I was saying something like: "I guess we should go ahead and get a game system." I wasn't saying that, but you know how men are. They can find the littlest loophole and make it work. (I don't really know if that is true, I just needed to say that to fit my purposes.)
So it seems that one of the companies Doug does business with had an incentive for the new year, something to do with "if you pre-pay for a certain amount of supplies we'll GIVE you a Wii system and a game." And Doug, in his logical way thought, "I will NEED to buy these supplies anyway, and Shauna sort of said that maybe we ought to get a Wii because The Pioneer Woman did, so I may as well do this!"
I never did.
But he went ahead and did.
Doug presenting the Wii at the office after work
And that is how we have become the owners of a game system. Which I never thought we would do.
And that explains the previous post to my sons. When they get around to reading this blog and find out about the Wii, they are going to be in a mild state of dis-belief. We haven't told them about it. We're just going to wait until they discover it themselves. And if they are all able to co-ordinate their schedules and all come home together for a weekend, we'll make home-made pizza and gather together in the family room and play Wii together.
Funny how the name sounds like "we", as in "We are all together and isn't it lovely?". Kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.




2 comments:
Fun city, but I'll bet you a 6 pak of coke that at least one of your adult sons already owns the game!
lol - I wish wish wish I could have a WII but my husband wont budge!!!
Post a Comment