Thursday, April 23, 2009

Come On, Little Peas...


I know you can do this.
I know you can grow-grow-grow.
Do it for me, Little Peas.
Do it for my children.
We want to eat your sweet, crunchy, garden goodness.

Oh, Strawberries!
You're doing great.
Keep it up. We want more of you.

Sweet, little Lilac bush.
You know how much I love you.
I thrill with anticipation at your sweet-smelling blossoms.
I'll gather your blossoms into my house
and fill the air with your sweetness.

Oh! Raspberry plants!
I am so impressed.
You survived the harsh winter.
You survived the fence section lying on top of you for a week.
Or longer.
Now if we would only clear out the leaves and debris around you
so you can breath.

This time of the year is so exciting. So lovely.
All the new growth.
All the possibilities.
All the green-ness.
It makes me happy.


Ugh.
What's with this?
This certainly isn't pretty.
A garden plot full of weeds.
And some of last years onions.
D'ya think they're any good...?

Well.
A flower pot full of dead geraniums.
That's kinda depressing.

Okay. Okay.
So I have a lot of work to do.


1 comment:

Becca said...

This Utah spring is really making it hard to grow anything so far isn't it? I need to plow up my garden bed too. But first...I need it to QUIT freezing at night and get warm! :)I love this post...great pics