Monday, June 15, 2009

Basket of Blessings

When I married into Doug's family, almost 25 years ago, I lucked out.
We all get along together, including the brothers and sisters-in-law,
and we have a lot of fun together.
Maggie and Rob were in Utah from Alaska a few weeks ago because their son, Kyle, was going into the MTC for his mission to Russia.
Any time the Olsens are in town we gather.
Well, we gather even when the Olsens aren't in town, just because we like to do that.

I took this picture of Doug and his brothers and sisters in Janet's back yard.
They were hamming it up a lot and I took a lot of pictures
but this is the only one with everyone looking decent enough.

I've known these people for a lot of years.
We were all young parents together
having our babies and learning how to do life.
We've been with each other through the good times
and the hard times in our lives.
We've laughed together and cried together.
We've camped and hiked and traveled and shopped together.
We've had countless family gatherings.

It is really something to think about,
the lives that become interwoven with your own,
just because you marry someone.

Doug's family is one of my blessings.


5 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

I love getting together with the siblings. You are right that it is amazing and quite a blessing how your lives just blend after sharing so much over decades. They look like a very nice and fun family!

Becca said...

good looking group!!

Gone Gal said...

What a good lookin' bunch!

Bowen Family said...

That was a sweet message. You are so fun to have in the family Aunt Shauna. That is a great picture of all of them. It makes me miss living close.