...is AMAZING!!
Just look at her:
She just finished riding a bike for over 46 miles.
Ten years old
and her first long-distance bike ride.
She is so awesome!
But let me back up.
We arrived in Wellesville Friday evening around 5:30
and the festivities were under way.
The theme for this year's
Little Red ride was...
Hawaiian
There were lots of vendors and people milling around.
A very fun atmosphere.
We picked up our registration packets
and were interviewed for the Logan paper
and looked around for a bit
then left to check into our hotel.
Our start time on Saturday morning wasn't until 9:30 AM.
That was kind of nice for a change.
I took a quick picture of us and then off we went!
It was a beautiful day for riding.
And Cache Valley is a breath-takingly beautiful place to ride.
Regularly I asked Abbie how she was doing
and she always said, "Fine!"
Truthfully, I wasn't sure how this was going to go.
I took the map for the 35 mile option just in case Abbie felt like she couldn't do
the 46 mile loop.
You see, we haven't *ridden more than 10 or 11 miles
in our "training"
and Abbie would pretty much complain the whole way!
But Saturday?
Not a complaint
except close to the end when she said she was getting tired
or her toe hurt.
That was okay.
I was getting tired too.
And my shoulders hurt.
After our last rest stop
we paused to take pictures of
HOME
painted on the road.
We were on our way!
Only 7-ish mile left.
We were really going to do this!
And we did.
We were on the road from 9:30 until 3:00
but our actual riding time was
4 1/2 hours.
Isn't she the most amazing girl?!
Edit: Ridden? What's ridden? I think the proper way would have been to say "We haven't gone on a ride longer than 10 or 11 miles." But no. I have to write "ridden" and then not proof read this for a few hours after hitting the "publish" button.. Sheesh. Can I blame it on my brain being tired? Because it is, you know. Really tired. Tired, like I need to empty it of a few things. Do you understand what that means?
Okay. I'm done.
(3:41 PM)




3 comments:
Way to go both of you!
That is such an awesome achievement!
-Jen
This is just great. I wish I could do something like that. Well, I only wish it a little as I apparently don't want it bad enough to train for it! Ha! So sweet to have this experience with your daughter. My husband has done this with all of our kids. He is an avid biker at 61.5 years old.
Post a Comment