Thursday, June 18, 2009

Introducing Freddy

the Frog.

Frog catching has been a favorite past-time around here for years.
The boys loved going out to the pond to see what they could find.
And when cousins came out, well, it was even more fun.

(photo from a scrap book page-frog in corner)
(Sam, Simone, Beau, and the original Freddy, 1999)


Now Miss Abbie carries on the tradition.

And she named this frog "Freddy".

I remember having a pet frog when I was Abbie's age.
We lived in New Jersey at the time.
I loved that little frog.
Isn't that a curious thing? Loving a frog?
I might spend 37 seconds analyzing that...

Or not.

I'm glad Miss Abbie likes to catch frogs in the pond
and bring them home to show us
and watch and "play" with them for a bit
then take them back to the pond and set them free.

It's such a good childhood kind of thing to do.



3 comments:

Gone Gal said...

Now that's a cute fwog! Kudos to Ab for being gentle and setting them free!

Bonnie said...

The joys of being a kid are wondrous, aren't they? It is fun when stories like this just trigger long forgotten memories of days gone by. We all need to resurrect the child within once in awhile.

Becca said...

Oh! Look at them all!! SO fun!