So.
What, exactly, did Del Rey and Jacque do
while Abbie and I were on our bikes for hours?
This:
And this:
And, well, this:
Then it looks like Jacque did some work,
food handlers gloves on,
getting the food ready for the riders when they came in:
And it is all very lovely in the pictures
But it looks like some volunteers thought it was for them.
Because I'll tell you what,
the pickin's were slim when Abbie and I went to eat.
And things did get hopping
once riders started crossing the finish line.
And as one of the
Cabana Boys
Jacque was mixing and serving up a lot of tropical drinks.
And I think he was enjoying it quite a bit.
And Del Rey?
Well, he was putting leis around the necks of the riders,
as they came across the finish line,
and congratulating each and every one.
Except for us.
Somehow we got missed
in the excitement of the
finish-line-photo:
But in the end all was made right
and our leis were donned
and our tropical drinks with umbrellas were given
and we had a photo shoot with the
Hawaiian Big Bad Wolf
(he's there every year)
(this year he was in a hula skirt)
(he is always a little creepy)
And as for our Cabana Boyz?
They're pretty darn cute.
And if anyone is having a luau in the near future
Del Rey and Jacque are your guys.
Hawaiian shirts and all.




No comments:
Post a Comment