I was just about to go to bed after a long day of cleaning and de-cluttering and mourning the tragic loss of talented life (even though I don't own any of her music, I did appreciate Whitney Houston's voice) when I realized, "There's been no LOVE yet today!"
According to my computer, I still have 20 minutes to get this done. And I will.
I LOVE running errands and going to lunch with my husband (in this case, Cafe Rio).
A week or so ago Doug called me and asked if I'd like to go with him to a neighboring town to get a new phone for the office and have some lunch. I was knee deep in a cleaning project and I actually did NOT want to go. And I really struggled with this predicament because it meant stopping what I was doing, going and taking a shower, doing my hair and some make-up, and not getting to finish my work that day because once I was home I had other things that would need to happen. ergh. WhatdoIdo?WhatdoIdo?
I said "Okay" and scrambled to get ready. And we went. And it was great.
I LOVE that I was able to let go of my expectations for the day. I LOVE that Doug and I had time to talk in the car to and from. I LOVE that we talked about important office stuff and less important stuff. I LOVE that my life is such these days (not home schooling) that I can drop what I'm doing and go run errands with Doug.
It was a good choice to make. I LOVE that I made it.




1 comment:
still waiting for that moment ....
I miss you, too . . . .
Post a Comment