Friday, February 3, 2012

LOVE- DAY 3

First, let me say that
I REALLY Love this girl!

But that goes without saying.
(Although I do like to say it. Everyday. Multiple times.)

What I want to say about this girl I love, is that I LOVE how diligent she is about her school work. She has gone where no other of my children has gone before, and that is to public school full time this early.

Was it a little bit scary? Yes. Was she a little bit unsure of "the ropes" of pubic school all day? Yes (but just a little). Was she nervous about knowing everything she needed to know to academically be where her peers are? Yes, but unnecessarily so.

And you know what? She just jumped right in with both feet! She figured out how to navigate lunch time. She figured out how to get from class to class on time. She figured out everything! She tried out for a sports team and the school play and the talent show. She hasn't let set-backs deter her. She handled an uncomfortable situation on her own (I still don't know what happened). She understood right away that she really does need to get her homework done and turned in on time, no negotiating with the teacher (unlike the negotiations we had with home-school!). She has had straight A's both quarters now. She is doing so well.

I had no doubts. She is an awesome girl!


2 comments:

velinda said...

I'm so glad, and a little bit sad. You know what I mean, it's the end of an era. 'Lena went full time in this year, too. She's a Freshman, what grade is Abbie? LJ was increasing gradually during 7-8 grades, til full time this year. She's a straight A student as well. Sariah went part time all through high school. Different paths for different kids.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Totally the end of an era. And I've been second guessing this decision just as I second guessed the home school decision! Abbie is in 7th grade. She took orchestra and choir in the 6th grade and then jumped right in with both feet this year.